STATEMENT OF BELIEF
While those of us associated with House Of Faith come from many different backgrounds and church affiliations, we do not, in any way, compromise the basic gospel message as contained in Scripture. We have found that among those who would join us in “Taking JESUS to neighborhood children, youth and families”, there is a commonality of belief about that basic gospel message. These beliefs can be classified as a conservative, evangelical approach to the Bible that is reflected in all of our teaching and materials and has been summarized in the following statements.
- That the Bible is the Word of God, supernaturally inspired; that it is a divinely authoritative standard for every age and life (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:20, 21).
- That the Godhead exists eternally in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - and that these three are one God (Deut 6:4; John 10:30; Acts 20:28).
- That God, by His sovereign choice and out of love for men, sent Christ into the world to save sinners (John 3:16; Rom 5:8).
- That Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man (John 1:1,14); that He was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14, Matt. 1:23-25) and that He lived a sinless life (2 Cor 5:21); that He was crucified (Rom 3:25; 5:8; 2 Pet 2:24), died as a penalty for our sins (Rom 5:8; Eph 1:7; 1 Pet 3:18), and was bodily raised from the dead on the third day (Matt 23; Mark 16:1-12; John 20,21); and ascended into heaven where he continues to make intercession for the saints at the right hand of God (Acts 1:9, Rom 8:34).
- That, since Jesus Christ made a perfect atonement for sin, men are saved and justified on the simple ground of the shed blood (Gal 3:11-14); and that such salvation is by faith in Jesus (Eph 2:8, 9; Rom 10:9, 10).
- That all who receive Christ become joint heirs with him (Rom 8:17), and at death, their spirits depart to be with Christ (Phil 1:23) and will live forever in His presence (1 Thes 4:16,17).
- That it is the goal of every Christian to please God (2 Cor 5:9), grow through obedience to the Word of God and in the indwelling Spirit (2 Tim 3:16,17; Eph 1:13,14).
- That Holy Spirit is a person, is God, and possesses all the divine attributes. That He indwells believers and seals them at the moment of their salvation (1 Cor 12:13; Eph 1:13,14), and, in His own way and time, gives them certain gifts for the greater good of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:7-11)